2021-12-16, Volodymyr Vakhitov: «Behavioral Economics for Business»гостевое посещение
Topic: «Why do we see not what we think? Behavioral Economics for Business»
Format – master class.
– What makes you buy a particular brand of watch? And the car? Or another pair of shoes?
– Why do you keep an asset that has lost its value for so long?
– What makes you go to work every day? What is your motivation to do something you don’t really like?
– Have you ever made an impulsive decision that you later regretted?
– Why do we often postpone really important decisions, but do something very small and unnecessary at this time?
– How much information do you need to make any decision? And what do you do when you don’t have all that information?
– How far does your control over the situation extend? And does it help you?
– What do you do when you do not know what to do? Who do you trust, and how does it affect your business?
We want to have clear answers to the questions that determine our daily choices and try to find answers to all these questions in the introductory practical training in behavioral economics.
After that, students will better understand the decision-making process and in general the course of human thinking, and therefore will be more effective in making their own decisions. This knowledge can then be used to form more effective communication with customers, develop brand awareness and in negotiations.
Speaker: Volodymyr Vakhitov, Ph.D., University of Kentucky, Professor of KSE, Assistant Professor and Vice-Rector for Research at the Kyiv School of Economics. Vladimir has more than 15 years of experience in research in applied economics and microeconometrics in such areas as enterprise productivity, international trade, dynamic analysis of statistical reporting of enterprises.